A good marketing plan should supplement and enhance your business plan. It should answer questions such as ...
- How are you going to let potential customers know about your product and services?
- Why should they trust you?
- Why should they pick you over a similar service or product?
- Have you allocated resources for marketing and advertising?
- Are you going to do the marketing and advertising or have you hired someone to do it for you?
- How will your customers give you feedback?
- How will you respond?
Developing a Marketing Plan can help you answer all these questions and more (logistics, growth, needs versus wants, sales forecasting). Remember - it is best to be prepared, to have a plan that not only gives you a realistic picture of where you are and where you want to be, but how to get you there. The plan should also include a way to measure accomplishments, so you know when your desired results are achieved.
Business and marketing plans do not work for you unless they are reviewed, so schedule a time to go over your processes and goals to see what worked for your company and what did not. If you need help with understanding which of your marketing endeavors are paying off and which efforts are not, contact Quality Accounting Solutions!