Currently, QuickBooks provides customer support and add-on services for Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. However, if you are still using a 2016 version of QuickBooks, your business may be affected on May 31st.
Why? If you are currently using a 2016 version (or older) you may be impacted by the May 31st “QuickBooks Sunset.” The term “sunset” means that certain features of the software will no longer function or be supported by QuickBooks. What does that mean for your business?
Will my version of QuickBooks be impacted?
If you’re using one of the 2016 versions of QuickBooks listed below, basic software features will still work, but you will lose some functionality on May 31. To preserve your add-on services, you must upgrade to the 2019 version.
The QuickBooks Sunset on May 31 will affect the following 2016 versions:
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier (General Business, Contractor, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, and Retail)
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
- QuickBooks Desktop Accountant
- QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
Special note for QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions – You will continue to have access to support until the expiration of your Full Service Plan. To ensure functionality and uninterrupted service, install the latest version of Enterprise Solutions by May 31.
If you DO NOT currently use any of the QuickBooks add-on services (see list of add-on services/features below) or require live technical support, you may continue to use your 2016 version. But, there are other good reasons to upgrade. For instance, if you’re looking for new features, or need a more robust version to keep up with your growing business, you may decide that this is a good time to make the upgrade to QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2019.
What features will be discontinued as of the QuickBooks Sunset date?
The following features will be discontinued on May 31 for 2016 QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions.
- QuickBooks desktop payroll services (Assisted, Basic, Standard, Enhanced, Workers Comp Payment Service, and View My Paycheck)
- Live support
- Online backup
- Online banking
- Critical security updates
- Credit Card Processing (including automatic credit card billing and terminal download)
- Check processing
- Accountant’s Copy File Transfer (ACFT) service
- Multi-currency/Exchange Rate
- Bill Pay
- Intuit Payment Network
The scheduled Sunset is right around the corner, so if an upgrade is right for your business, don’t delay! You will want ample time to be able to ask questions and install your new version without the added stress of the May 31 deadline.